From musicals to pop songs to Zulu folk songs, we try to sing something for everyone from a wide variety of sources!
Most of the arrangements that we use are in three-parts: Sopranos, Altos and Basses. Don’t worry if you’re not sure which one is right for you – there will be plenty of opportunities for you to try out and switch sections from term to term or even piece to piece!
Being non-auditioned means that everyone is welcome! There is no audition process and no requirement to read music. All we ask is that you enjoy singing or want to give it a go!
In the past we have sung:
- Siyahamba (Traditional Zulu Folk Song)
- Calon Lân (Traditional Welsh Hymn)
- My House (from Matilda – Tim Minchin)
- Circle of Life (from The Lion King – Elton John and Tim Rice)
- Africa (Toto)
- For Good (from Wicked – Stephen Schwartz)
- Fix You (Coldplay)
- Medley from Les Misérables (Alain Boublil)
- Right There With You (Contemporary Choir Original Charity Single)
Our Debut Album
As part of our commitment to being anti-racist, we are actively diversifying our music selection, as well as examining the songs within our repertoire. If you have any suggestions for music you would like us to sing in Contemporary Choir, please, let us know!